JULY 19 – JULY 25
We got some useful feedback from the playtest, although it was mostly things we knew. This sprint had two endings really, the Final Presentation on Monday the 23rd, and the Exhibition Day on the 25th. We had to do some heavy prioritisation in order to get the stuff we wanted to show done by Monday, and the things we wanted to make them feel done by Wednesday. I totaled 53,5 work hours from July 19 to noon on July 25, excluding the Presentation, with 48 Tickets on HackNPlan.
Continue reading “Final Sprint and Exhibition (Week 7)”
JULY 11 – JULY 18
We had, thanks to Emmanuel, found a group of students to playtest with, and the date was set to be July 18th, the day of our next sprint meeting, late afternoon. So we decided to focus on playability for this week. We also decided to hold a game jamming session on the day of the next sprint meeting. For that reason I’ll include all of the 18th in this post.
Continue reading “Polish for the Playtest (Week 6)”
July 04 – JULY 11
This sprint I spent all of my time on the disaster levels. I improved the UX for moving, implemented new levels, and made the game playable start-to-finish.
Continue reading “Polishing and adding Disaster Levels (Week 5)”
JUNE 27 – JUly 04
The Intermediate Presentation was due on Tuesday afternoon, so we really only had around three and a half workdays for this sprint. We focused on implementing assets and doing visual polish to show something attractive.
Continue reading “Polish for the Presentation (Week 4)”
JUNE 20 – JUNE 27
We decided to set our sprints from Wednesdays to Wednesdays, so on the 20th we held our first proper sprint meeting. We reviewed the previous week, made major game design decisions together, and planned the next sprint. Continue reading “Upgrading the Disaster Quiz (Week 3)”
JUNE 14 – JUNE 20
We had a basic game design ready. There were also a few tasks that had to be done either way, like the menus and localization. So I got into the engine and began programming the basic layout of the game.
Continue reading “Initial Prototyping (Week 2)”